Sunday, February 28, 2010

Phew...we´re ready for bed after an amazing day!

Hi all!

We´ll we survived our first clinic day. Dan and I were split as we took 2 small groups to different locations. Dan told me he wants to tell all his stories in person (I really think it´s because he wanted to swim instead of type, but that´s okay.)

So, our day started early with breakfast and a bus ride to Palmaris. Me and about 8 other people got off there and started to work. We worked hard, sweat and all, until about 1 when we went to get lunch. Surprise surprise, it was beans, rice and chicken. About every meal has that here and I choose to stick to that because I´m not sure what the other meats are, but I want to know what I´m eating before I eat it, so beans, rice and chicken it is. Oh, that was lunch yesterday and dinner tonight, so as I write, I´m eating a pop tart and gatorade :-) mmmm

After lunch we went back and saw more people. I got to adjust my first pediatric patient today, saw lots of weird cyst-like things and found an irregular heartbeat on a old lady who says "when she gets up out of bed after sleeping, she reaches up in her closet to get something and feels weird...like she´s going to die." Nice, huh. So, needless to say, I adjusted her thoracics and lumbars, but no cervical adjustment for her. Hopefully she will get that all checked out and won´t die.

At about 4pm we packed up and headed about 15 miles back towards lencois. We stopped and they let us out of the bus onto a van which we all crammed into, drove up the side of a mountain, got out of the bus and proceeded to climb to the top of a mountain. Now, I think Brazilians forget we are lazy Americans, plus we aren´t used to 90 degree days and 8 hours of work all at once...while living off beans, rice and chicken. So, we made it, and most of us didn´t complain because a few of the group complained enough for us all. We took some amazing pictures and then climbed back down. Off to dinner we went and ate the same thing again. We then made it to the hotel, swam, finished clinic notes, SHOWERED (ahhh, its so amazing to shower after days like this) and am heading to bed.

Dan´s day in a nut shell (we are trading locations tomorrow, so we will experience this tomorrow I suppose) was clinic, lunch, clinic, a festival in town, to a alcohol maker´s house (I guess he makes awesome liquor), dinner with the best food ever (according to Dan...and Justice family you will be proud...it is carrot and pesto pizza), back to the hotel, swimming and swimming and swimming.

Off to bed we go and we will continue writing as we can. Also, if you want to see where we are, the hotel address is www.lencois.com/br (the pictures don´t quite do it justice though.)

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. sorry followers is not working for me. you two sound great...can't wait to hear all the stories. take care of each other. oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete