Saturday, February 27, 2010

We´´ve arrived!

Hello friends and family! We just got to the hotel and are quickly writing to let you know that we are safe and sound and our trip has been amazing!

A few quick things...a 4-6 houur bus ride in Brazil is really about 10 hours (you were right Sarah!), but we have amazing people helping us along the way. Our flights were uneventful, which is awesome.

We´ve stopped to go to the bathroom and get drinks (which we had to squat and shake since they don´t provide toilet paper) and then ate at a local buffet for lunch. We then stopped to drop off food that we purchased with the money we raised (thank you to all of you for helping out) to home that were make of sticks and mud with 10-20 people living in about a 20x20 foot hut. What an experience.

We´re headed to the pool, dinner and clinic tomorrow. Hopefully we can write more tomorrow night and post some pictures.

We miss you and thanks for all your support to get us here! We love you!

Lindsay and Dan

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I am sorry, I should have reminded you to take toilet paper! That happened to me once while I was in Ecuador and that's all it takes. I still carry tp in my purse, just in case! :) I miss you guys and I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Keep the updates coming!!

    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete